Join the team
Rural Development Communications Expert / Brussels Office
The Contact Point of the European Network for Rural Development (http://enrd.ec.europa.eu/) is looking to recruit a new communications expert to join its expanding dynamic team as a full time position. He/she will be part of a team responsible for content management and editing for both the ENRD website and off-line publications, support for the design, development and production of audio-visual products and support for visual identity, graphic design coordination (supported by a dedicated graphic design team). Specific responsibilities are anticipated to include:
- Drafting, proof reading and editing of rural development content for the website and thematic publications and articles (including magazine articles, database content, links, FAQs, etc.);
- Design communications packages, including marketing and dissemination plans for specific target audiences/product groups;
- Provide editorial and content training to CP and ENRD content producers;
- Manage and coordinate all ENRD graphic design requirements for publications/documents with core team;
- Coordinate and manage development of ENRD visual identity, across all communications products;
- Liaise with Graphic design department on ENRD graphic design needs and priorities and resource allocations;
- Identify needs and assess demands for new audio-visual products;
- Assisting pre-production of audio-visual products including promo clips, tutorials, webinars, etc.;
- Supporting dissemination and promotion of audio-visual products in the context of the general communication strategy of the ENRD CP.
The ideal candidate will have the following background, skills and experience:
- Relevant Bachelor's degree (natural resources related) and ideally a relevant postgraduate qualification;
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in fields related to the position;
- English language at near-native level + fluency in at least one of the following additional languages (French, Spanish, German, Italian, Polish);
- Excellent writing /journalistic skills;
- Knowledge and understanding of EU Rural Development Policy;
- Experience as a technical editor/writer in the area of Rural Development;
- Familiarity with HTML / CMS tools;
- Experience in development of publications for on and off line use, including a sound understanding of imagery, graphics, layout;
- Experience in development of audio-visual products such as promo clips, tutorials, webinars, etc.
- Proven ability to multi-task and to tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication, presentation, organisational and planning skills.
Applicants should provide specific examples/references/links to documents/articles/websites which they have written. To apply please send your CV to email@example.com. Please not that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.